Monday, March 1, 2010

Facebook and Arabic

A few days ago I blogged about my trip to the Facebook Advertising launch with Connect Ads.

I didn't mention one thing which made me wonder if Facebook really is doing its research. I hope Connect Ads corrects Mark Cowan.

During the Q&A session, I asked Mark Cowan and Trevor Johnson if they had any case-studies / research and what their plans are for advertising solutions in Arabic, based on the higher end solutions they're offering.

Mark Cowan's reply made me - and I'm sure many Arabia based marketers in the room - cringe.

He said given that a majority of Facebook users in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East have profile pages in English, Arabic advertising isn't really going to make a big difference.

Forgive my French, but WTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment